What are the biggest lottery winners in the world ever? All information about the jackpot and the winners you will found on biggestlotterywinners.com.
The biggest Lottery Jackpots in the world
What is the best lottery to play?
Powerball Lottery : The draw is every wednesday and saturday. You could buy online a ticket for this draw!
Mega Millions lottery: The draw is every friday and tuesday. You could buy online a ticket for this draw!
Largest Lottery winners in the World
In this table you will see the 5 highest jackpot prices in the world!
|13 january 2016||$ 1,6 billion||Powerball lottery||1||America|
|24 August 2017||$ 758 million||Powerball||1||Massachusetts|
|30 March 2012||$656 million||Mega Millions Lottery||3||America|
|17 December 2013||$648 million||Mega Millions Lottery||2||America|
|18 May 2013||$590 million||Powerball lottery||1||America|
|28 November 2012||$587.5 million||Powerball lottery||2||America|
|February 11 2015||$564 million||Powerball lottery||3||America|
|July 8 2016||$540million||Mega Millions||1||Indiana (USA)|
|July 30 2016||$487 million||Powerball lottery||1||New Hampshire|
|June 11 2017||$477,8||Powerball||1||Californië|
|August 7 2013||$448 million||Powerball||3||America|
|May 7 2016||$429 million||Powerball||?||New Jersey|
|February 22 2017||$435 million||Powerball||1||Lafayette|
|August 4, 2017||$393 million||Mega Millions||1||Nick’s Barbecue in Palos Heights|
The biggest lottery winners are:
- California: January 13, 2016 $1,586,400,000.00
- Florida: January 13, 2016 $1,586,400,000.00
- Lisa and John Robinson
Tennessee: January 13, 2016 $1,586,400,000.00
Biggest lottery winners Europe
In this table you see the largest loterry jackpots in Europe
|24 October 2014||€190 million||Euromillions||1||UK|
|10 August 2012||€190 million||Euromillions||1||Portugal|
|12 July 2011||€185 million||Euromillions||1||UK|
|11 October 2016||€ 168 million||Euromillions||1||Belgium|
|15 May 2015||€90.0 million||Eurojackpot||1||Czech Republic|
|2 June 2017||€153 million||Euromillions||1||Belgium|
|22 August 2009||€147.8 million||SuperEnalotto lottery||1||Italy|
Jackpot winners 2017
- August 24 2017: A Massachusetts hospital worker has won the largest single-ticket prize in US lottery history, a $758.7m Powerball
- August 11 2017: Mega Millions of 393 million. The winning numbers were 23, 33, 53, 56, 58 and the Mega Ball was 6. It is the first winning Mega Millions jackpot since April 28. That lucky individual bought a Quick Pick ticket worth $393-million at Nick’s Barbecue in Palos Heights.
- June 11 2017: Powerball winner of $ 477 million lives in Californië. The number 10 biggest jackpot in history
- June 2 2017: Euromillions 153.873.716 won in Belgium
- April 11 2017: Euromillions jackpot won in France 83 Million Euro.
- February 22 2017: The $435.3 million estimated jackpot is the 7th largest in Powerball history. The winning numbers 10-13-28-52-61 and PB: 2
- January 30 2017: Mega Millions 188 million. The ticket sold at the Primm Valley Lotto Store in San Bernardino County community of Nipton.
- January 24 january: 188 million of Ireland at EuroMillions Lotto. Winning numbers: 1,5, 7, 17 and 23 en lucky stars 3 and 8
- January 5 2017: Eurojackpot 90 million. The winners live in Holland, Germany and Denmark.
Biggest prices in 2016
- December 2016: big win in €2.3bn El Gordo lottery
- November 26 2016: A group of 20 longtime co-workers of the company North American Stamping they won, and will split, a $420.9 Powerball jackpot from the drawing held Nov. 26, 2016. The “Tennessee 20.
- October 11, 2016: Belgium player won 168.085.323 euro at Euromillions lottery. A record for Belgium Lotto. Numbers are 05 – 12 – 20 – 24 – 37 and stars 04 & 11
- July 30 2016: Powerball jackpot 487.000.000. Tickets was sold in New Hampshire.
- Friday July 29 2016: Eurojackpot winner in Germany (Hessen). Price was 84 million dollar, winning numbers 04, 08, 22, 36, 44, 5 and 10.
- Friday July 8 2016: Mega Millions jackpot 540 million Dollar won in Indiana. The thirth biggest Mega Millions jackpot.
- The powerball draw about 1,5 billion dollar. The winning draw is 13 january 2016 of a player in California, Florida. Highest USA lottery price ever!
- March 2016: 76 million euro won at the Eurojackpot. The winner lives in Germany.
- March 18 2016: 73 million won at the Euro Millions. The winner live in Portugal. (no superdraw)
- May 2016: $ 40 million Australia OZ Lotto (Leongatha)
Biggest jackpot in 2015
- Feburary 2015: Powerball lottery jackpot is won by 3 person totally 654 million dollar.
- October 2015: La Primitiva jackpos is won by 1 person totally 101,7 million euro (RECORD SPANISH LOTTERY)
- October 2015: Canada lottery 640 Lotto with a record of 64 million dollar.
- December: El Gordo La Navidad with a jackpot of 2,3 billion euro in Spanish lottery
Biggest Jackpot in 2014
- November 2014: $326 million was the jacpot on november the fifth in the Mega Millions.
- October 2014: Euromillions lottery: In 2014 the largest jackpot for Europe was in the United Kingdom. A man won 190 million euro in the Euromillions jackpot in october 2014.
- March 2014: $414 million won in the Mega Millions on March 18. Two tickets purchased tickets in Maryland and Florida.
- February 2014: The california Lottery officials said a Northern California man claimed the prize of the Powerball Lottery with the price of $425 million.
Find more about the biggest lottery winners ever.
Biggest Jackpot Mega Millions America
Lottery jackpot records have always attracted the attention of the people. It is generally considered that Spain’s Sorteo Extraordinario de Navidad is the world’s largest lottery and has the largest first prize jackpot. In 2012, the main jackpot was €720 million. The total prize pool in 2012 was €2.52 billion. The tickets for this lottery have pre-printed 5-digit numbers, with each set of numbers sold multiple times in several so-called series. For example, a ticket with the number “00001” was printed 180 times under different series numbers. This results in the jackpot always being split across multiple winners. The 2011 main jackpot of €720 million was paid out as €4 million to each of the 180 tickets with the number 58268.
Unlike in the United States, European jackpots are generally tax-free and jackpots are paid in a lump sum. For example, in theUnited Kingdom’s National Lottery, wagers are split between the game operator Camelot Group and the government, with Camelot distributing some of the money for prizes, some for operating costs, a small amount for profit, some into their ‘good causes’ programme, with the remainder going to the government as tax; VAT however, is not due.
Largest jackpots in specific European lotteries
- £161.7 million was the largest jackpot and single-ticket jackpot in the pan-European EuroMillionsin GBP currency, won on 12 July 2011 in the UK.
- €190 million was the largest jackpot and single-ticket jackpot in the pan-European EuroMillions in EUR currency, won on 10 August 2012 in the UK.
- On 24 October 2014 it happened again: €190 million was won by a single-ticket in Portugal.
- €90.0 million was the largest jackpot and single-ticket jackpot in the pan-European Eurojackpot, won on 15 May 2015 in Czech Republic.
- €147.8 million was the largest single-ticket jackpot in Italy’s SuperEnalotto lottery, won on 22 August 2009 in Bagnone. €45.4 million was the largest jackpot in Germany’s Lotto 6 aus 49, won in December 2007 by three tickets.
- €37.7 million was the largest single-ticket jackpot in the German Lotto 6 aus 49, won on 7 October 2006.
- SEK 238 million is the largest single ticket jackpot of Svenska Spel Lotto Drömvinsten.
- £42 million was the largest jackpot in the United Kingdom’s Lotto, won on 6 January 1996 by three tickets.
In the United States, all lottery winnings and casino games winners are subject to Federal taxation (automatically reported to the Internal Revenue Service if the win is at least $600); many smaller jurisdictions also levy taxes. The IRS requires a minimum withholding of 25% of the prize (minus the wager) of any gambling win in excess of $5,000. However, the net for a major jackpot winner often is misleading; winners often pay additional to the IRS when they file their returns. U.S. lotto winners are taxed at the highest percentage; any winnings above $600.00 are taxed at 30%. All lump-sum prizes listed below are reported as the pre-withholdings amount, as this is income the player “earned” and must report on their returns to be subject to taxation. Jackpot amounts are reported as the advertised annuity.
For various reasons, an annuity jackpot can have a higher cash value than a larger annuity with a lower cash value. Examples include the annuity structure of various games: while Mega Millions’ and Powerball’s annuity option each are 30 annual payments, Mega Millions’ annuity payments increase 5 percent yearly, while Powerball’s increase 4 percent yearly; this makes the Mega Millions’ annuity structure slightly more inflated.